June Favorites (no flunkies allowed!)


Here we are, fully in the throes of summer! As usual, this month came and went all too quickly. I only hauled an item or two this June (can we get a round of applause for my astounding self-restraint?), and I am elated to report that I don't have any flunkies to share with you today! I am getting a lot better at researching items and only buying those that fill a need in my collection. However, my birthday is coming up in July so expect some hauling that throws all that to the wind!

On to what has stolen my early summer heart....

All my followers! This is my third full month blogging, and I have had so much fun posting, reading other blogs, and interacting with all of you! Today I hit 80 followers! That means I need to put together a giveaway like I promised quick! I am continually surprised that people want to read my posts. You all are the fiercest of power femmes, and thank you for joining me on this adventure!

e.l.f. High Definition Powder- I bought this a few months ago when I was looking for an affordable HD powder, and somehow over time it fell to the bottom of by collection. I assumed that this product wouldn't hold up to the summer heat, but I was wrong! This is now my go to summer setting powder- whether I am wearing tinted moisturizer or full coverage foundation, this locks in my look and controls my oil and shine for a good portion of the day. And at $6, you can't beat it!

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer- When I reviewed this product, I initially stated that it wasn't the best to concealer under eye circles. Minor retraction! While I am still a bit disappointed with the limited shade selection, I have found a new appreciation for this concealer. I have been applying this all month with a damp Sonia Kashuk blending sponge and it has been doing a great job of concealing my under eye circles. I like this as a summer concealer because it is thin (yet crazy pigmented!) as opposed to thick and creamy so it won't cake up or slide off in the heat.

  
Zoya Creamy- Despite my trepidation, I took a shot at the yellow polish trend and I am so glad I did! Creamy's formula is not perfect, but I am willing to put up with it because the color is so divine. Usually I get bored with a mani after a few days, but I wore this one until it was chipping off!


 Revlon Super Lustrous in Primrose- This came out in a limited collection, but I still have seen a few of these lippies floating around my local shopping stops. Primsore is a pale, milky pink that leans lavender. It is a bit cool for me, but I can still barely pull it off. I have heard some describe this is a Victorian pink, but I think it can also be used to achieve that "Playboy Bunny" pale pink lip and smokey lip if you are feeling wild. I really adore the Super Lustrous lipsticks, and the formula on this one is no exception.

ecotools Retractable Kabuki-  This brush is oh-so-soft and convenient to throw into your purse. It is multipurpose powder brush, but my favorite use for it is to apply bronzer. It is small enough to contour my cheeks and temples and evenly distributes and buffs product.

Laura Geller Baked Blush n' Brighten in Honey Dipped- This gem came in my June Birchbox. This isn't a product that I would have picked out for myself, but I am more than happy to have it on my collection! Look at it- can you even handle it's beauty?!?! Despite the bronze color this is far too shimmer to use as a bronzer to contour with or dust all over the face. I use this like a blush, and it offers a healthy, golden glow to my skin. It is really pigmented, and the neutral shade goes with most all looks. I even use just a tiny dab of this on top of my other blushes to add a summery golden sheen to my cheeks.
Pangea Organics Italian Green Mandarin & Sweet Lime Facial Toner- This also came in my June Birchbox. Ever on the hunt for new natural skin care goodies, I think this one is a permanent keeper. This generous sample should last me a while longer, too. I mist this on my face morning and night after I cleanse, and let it dry before I put on my moisturizer. This hasn't performed miracles on my skin, but I can tell that my skin feels more balanced and hydrated since I started using it. It also feels really cooling and refreshing in the summer heat!

What are you adoring this month?


PS- I updated my Blog Sale! Prices and shipping costs have been slashed; I am also open to swaps and haggling. I move in two weeks so I am eager to find these goodies new homes!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More