Thrift Store Fashion Finds

Recently I have been following more fashion blogs and am always awed by the bloggers' sweet thrift store finds. I never really had much luck at thrifts stores; after hours of sifting through unwashed, outdated, and stained garments, I might find one nice piece that didn't fit me anyways. However, the new blogs I have been following have persuaded me to give second hand shops another go in hopes of finding unique pieces on the cheap. On a recent trip to my local thrift store, I found these pieces (that actually fit!) for a grand total of $15. Success, indeed.

My favorite score is this leopard print oxford long sleeved shirt. It has slightly billowy sleeves, and the image of a tiger, lion, cheetah, and zebra on the side. It is probably the ugliest and strangest 1970's mess of a shirt I have ever laid eyes on, yet I am totally obsessed with it. It has no tag, so I don't know who designed this little gem. I am picturing this  over some black leggings and cinched with a skinny belt, or tied up at the bottom and paired with a high waisted skirt.



I also bough this black and white polka dotted high waited  skirt. It looks brand new, and is a fun piece that I can imagine dressing up or down. It has a sassy retro, pin-up vibe that I'm loving.

Thirdly, I picked up this denim skirt by Converse. Nothing too special here, just a basic, versatile denim skirt. I do love the braided denim detailing on the back pockets. 


Lastly, I snagged this awesome silk scarf. Orange, lime green, and lavender is an unlikely color palette, but I was really drawn to it. I plan to tie this into a headband or as a triangle bandana around my neck.


Do you shop at Thrift stores? Do you have any tips on how to navigate the chaos and find the perfect piece?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More