Review: Yes to Tomatoes Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner


My first blog post ever was a Walgreens Haul jam packed with Yes to goodies found in the clearance section. I was able to snag half-priced backups of some of my favorite products, and the lowered price tag allowed me to take a chance on new products such as the Yes to Tomatoes Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner. Let me first say that I do not have a good track record with natural hair care products. I have tried quite a few different brands, including Burt's Bees and others from the Yes to line, and abhorred each and every single one. The shampoos were hard to work into my hair, felt drying and caused dandruff, and didn't do the basic job of getting my hair clean. And the conditioners never detangled my long locks or repaired my damaged ends. I have been really eager to get away from shampoos and conditioners loaded up with detergents and parabens, but I was hesitant to give these a try based on my history with crappy natural hair products. Did this YTT duo stand up to the test, or did I add their names to the list of natural hair product flunkies?

Prouct
While I would not say this is the best shampoo and conditioner I have ever used, they are certainly the best natural shampoo and conditioner I have tried. Unlike the duds I mentioned above, these products actually do their job. The shampoo actually lathers (Thank the goddess! A natural shampoo that lathers!) and gets my hair clean (that is the point, ain't it?). Likewise, the conditioner gets the knots out and does a decent job repairing damage. My hair craves a little more moisture than this can give me, but it isn't anything that a weekly deep conditioning hair treatment can't take care of.  I don't feel like my hair is any more voluminous than before I started using these products, so if you are specifically looking for a great volumizing shampoo and conditioner then these probably aren't your best bet. However, I have naturally wavy hair so the fact that these don't add extra volume doesn't bother me; perhaps these volumize better for people with different hair types. I have heard that some people hate the smell of the Yes to Tomatoes line, but I loooove it- it doesn't immediately strike me as tomato-ish, but is simultaneously fruity and earthly like vine tomatoes. For those who try this on a whim and compare this to their non-natural products, this shampoo and conditioner probably won't seem like anything special. But for those who have a rocky history with natural hair care products, these might pleasantly surprise you!

Packaging
Nothing especially negative or positive to report. Just your standard shampoo and conditioner bottles!


Price
I caught these on a sale at my local Walgreens, but the two products retail as a set on the Yes to website for $15.99. They are more expensive than some other drug-store brand hair care lines, but not unreasonably priced for natural products.


Have you tried the Yes to Tomatoes Shampoo & Conditioner? Have you tried natural hair care products? What is your favorite natural shampoo and conditioner?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More