Stylish Blogger Award!

I was recently gifted with the Stylish Blogger Award by the lovely Joann at LuckyDuckyLoves! Thank you so much!
 
 

The Rules
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you.
2. List 7 things about yourself that you haven't mentioned before
3. Tag 7 people and let them know you've done so!

7 Things About Myself
1. My favorite season is Fall. Even though we are just in the beginning of summer, all I can think of is Halloween, crunchy leaves, pumpkin pie, vampy nail polish, and walks outside in sweaters!
2. The author that has had the most profound impact on me is Dorothy Allison. A feminist scholar and fiction writer, Allison's voice is raw, poetic, sensual, and sharp as she grapples with themes of sexuality, identity, poverty, and family. She has written feminist scholarship that has been important to my own political and ideological thinking, but her poetry and non-fiction work is just as wonderful. I highly recommend her novel Cavedweller to everyone. If it weren't already clear how much I adore her, I have a Dorothy Allison quote tattooed on my ankle that reads "Change when it comes cracks everything open."
3. I am not much of an athlete now, but in high school and undergrad I was a pretty fierce lacrosse player. I still have my sticks and I play for fun from time to time, but I really miss competing and being a part of a team.
4. I am a bit of a foodie. I don't have much of an interest in becoming formally trained or learning how to cook gourmet; I am just an avid home cook who really loves to try out recipes and, of course, eat! I make a mean chili, and plan making some lemon poppy seed muffins later today.
5. My entrance into feminism was through Riot Grrrl, a genre of feminist punk music performed by and for young women. Riot grrrl's heyday was in the 1990's, so by time I got into it most of the bands were already defunct. But nonetheless, it was really powerful for me to hear other young women using their voice and fighting for visibility. Kathleen Hanna is still one of my favorite people ever.
6. In the same vein, I got really into zines in undergrad. Zines are independently produced and distributed magazines, and can be about anything. I still love zines, but don't write them as often. However, every time I teach I assign my students a zine project in place of a final exam.
7. Two years ago, all of my makeup fit into one small draw-string bag! On the typical day I wore eyeshadow, mascara, concealer, pressed powder, and lip balm. I didn't have brushes so I applied my eyeshadow (I maybe had 6 different colors) with my finger. Clearly, a lot has changed!


7 People I Tag
1. Gracie at Grace & Beauty
2. Tiffany at Will Work for Makeup
3. Amber at Lipgloss and Flipflops
4. Jill at Just Peachy
5. Little Ms What's Her Tights at What's Her Tights: Radical Fashion, Queer Politics 
6. Corrie at DizzyBrunette3
7. Haute Lacquer


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More