Tag: The ABCs of Power Femme

Hooray for my first tag! The wonderful Jill at Just Peachy tagged me for the ABC post that I have seen floating around for the past few days. Thanks for tagging me, Jill! Here is the alphabet, Power Femme style!

A. Age: 23, although hostesses at restaurants usually still ask if I want the kiddie menu and crayons.

B. Bed Size: Full, but I would love to upgrade to a bigger size.

C. Chore you hate: I am tidy, but not a domestic goddess. I would rather do most anything other than vacuum or fold laundry.

D. Day: Halloween!

E. Essential start to your day: I used to be a coffee addict, but thankfully for my over caffeinated heart I have let up. I am not a morning person, so I need quiet. Please don't talk to me, or I may bite! Haha. Other than that, I need Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel, which hydrates and lifts my tired peepers.

F. Favorite Colour: My old stand by is dark purple, but recently I have been gravitating towards orange and coral, particularly for nails and lips.

G. Gold or Silver: Depends on what it is, but generally silver.

H. Height: 5 feet on a good day! I am really short, and I probably don't even hit 5 feet unless I have shoes on. Hence the kiddie menus.

I. Instruments: Unlike my singer/songwriter partner, I am not musically inclined. I was forced to play the recorder in grade school, and recently attempted to learn how to play the ukulele. I do like to sing, but only around the house, never in front of actual humans. I will leave the pretty noise making to those with actual talent.

J. Job Title: I am in graduate school, just finished my MA and going on for my doctorate this coming fall. In addition to being a professional student, I teach a few undergraduate level courses in the field of women's, gender, and sexuality studies.

K. Kids: I have even less maternal instinct than I have musical talent. Children are wonderful and so are the strong individuals who birth and raise them, but I don't see kids in my future.

L. Live: In the very glamorous Midwest!

M. Mum's Name: Donna

N. Nicknames: My partner calls me Porkchop (because I cook a lot, and made him the first pork chop he liked), and my parents call me Tissle (which is how I pronounced my name as a little kid).

O. Overnight hospital stays: Never for myself, but I have slept at hospitals more than I can count for my mom.

P. Pet peeve: People who interrupt. People who pretend to be your friend. Prejudice of any kind. 

Q. Quote from a movie: I am cheating a little here, because I could quote Buffy the Vampire Slayer all day long. I just rewatched the first season, and some stand outs are "You have fruit punch mouth," and "I may be dead, but I'm still pretty." I also love when Willow, upon seeing her vampire doppelganger and before she comes out, says "That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil and...skanky. And I think I'm kinda gay."

R. Right or Left Handed: Right

S. Siblings: Only child

T. Time you wake up: Usually around 7am

U. Underwear: Black hipster cut with pink lace and bows from Vitcoria's Secret. I have decided to only buy cute undies, because for some reason I feel instantly cute when I put them on!

V. Vegetables you dislike: I am a veggie freak- I can't think of one I don't like!

W. What makes you run late: I am pretty good at hair, but it takes me forever. So either I underestimate how long it will take to curl my hair or I am rushing to finish breakfast in the morning.

X. X-Rays you've had: Only one that I can think of, when I broke my wrist at a skating rink when I was 8.

Y. Yummy food I make: I am as obsessed with cooking (and eating!) as I am about makeup. I make a lot of tasty meals, but in particular I make a bad ass chili, yummy leek and white bean soup, some really good stir frys, and a mean shrimp coconut curry. How would you all feel if I posted a recipe here every now and again?

Z. Zoo: I have fun at zoos, and I think they do great work protecting endangered species. Sometimes, however, I do get sad seeing how little space some of them have to live in.

Ok, I'm passing it on! I tag these lovely power femmes:
Amber at Lipgloss and Flipflops 
Wendi at Makeup Zombie
Amanda at Glitter and Toucans
Courtney at Those Graces


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More