Coral Fever: Cheeks

This is the overdue second instillation of a three part mini-series on the Spring coral trend. If you find coral lips, like those in my first post, to be too bold for your taste, rockin' coral on your cheeks is a great alternative. From glowy peachy pink to shimmering orange, here is my small collection of coral blushes.


  •  Milani Baked Blush in Corallina- This budget friendly drugstore buy is an awesome orange coral with a gold shimmery punch. This can be applied with a light hand for a subtle look, or you can build it up for a bright orange sparkle. Just look at the stunning marbling.


  •  Urban Decay Powder Blush in Score- This is a nice peachy pink with a golden sheen. I picked this up during a Hautelook sale for $5, though it usually retails for around $17. Though I wouldn't pay full price for it, this is a versatile blush that leaves a nice glow to the cheeks.

  •  Tarte Amazonian Clay Long Wear Blush in Tipsy- I am obsessed with this blush. It is the most expensive of the lot, but the long-wearing formula and rich pigmentation make it worth the $25 I shelled out for it. Tipsy is a stunning matte coral that I couldn't imagine not having in my collection.


  • E.L.F. Studio Blush in Peachy Keen- At $3, this is the cheapest of the lot but performs like a more high end brand. Peachy Keen is a peach shade with a subtle golden sheen. It is a very light shade, so if you are looking for a pop of color this isn't your best choice. However, I like to pair this with a bronzed, contoured cheek for a natural glow. E.L.F. also has a true coral blush called Candid Coral- it looks nice, but I couldn't justify picking it up because of the several other coral blushes I have.
  •  NARS Orgasm Illuminator- I received this deluxe sample from Sephora, and honestly I am still on the fence about it. It is lovely, but I am not sure if it is worth nearly $30 for a full sized tube. In their signature shade Orgasm, this illuminator has a gel-like consistency that works best as a cheekbone highlight. Pair this with any coral blush for maximum coral payoff.
Gel-like consistency
Blended in
 Here are some comparison swatches:
L. to R.: Milani Corallina, Urban Decay Score, Tarte Tipsy, E.L.F. Peachy Keen, NARS Orgasm Illuminator

Do you have any coral blushes? Which are your favorites? Keep an eye out for the final post in the series on coral nails!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More