This is the overdue second instillation of a three part mini-series on the Spring coral trend. If you find coral lips, like those in my first post, to be too bold for your taste, rockin' coral on your cheeks is a great alternative. From glowy peachy pink to shimmering orange, here is my small collection of coral blushes.
- Milani Baked Blush in Corallina- This budget friendly drugstore buy is an awesome orange coral with a gold shimmery punch. This can be applied with a light hand for a subtle look, or you can build it up for a bright orange sparkle. Just look at the stunning marbling.
- Urban Decay Powder Blush in Score- This is a nice peachy pink with a golden sheen. I picked this up during a Hautelook sale for $5, though it usually retails for around $17. Though I wouldn't pay full price for it, this is a versatile blush that leaves a nice glow to the cheeks.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Long Wear Blush in Tipsy- I am obsessed with this blush. It is the most expensive of the lot, but the long-wearing formula and rich pigmentation make it worth the $25 I shelled out for it. Tipsy is a stunning matte coral that I couldn't imagine not having in my collection.
- E.L.F. Studio Blush in Peachy Keen- At $3, this is the cheapest of the lot but performs like a more high end brand. Peachy Keen is a peach shade with a subtle golden sheen. It is a very light shade, so if you are looking for a pop of color this isn't your best choice. However, I like to pair this with a bronzed, contoured cheek for a natural glow. E.L.F. also has a true coral blush called Candid Coral- it looks nice, but I couldn't justify picking it up because of the several other coral blushes I have.
- NARS Orgasm Illuminator- I received this deluxe sample from Sephora, and honestly I am still on the fence about it. It is lovely, but I am not sure if it is worth nearly $30 for a full sized tube. In their signature shade Orgasm, this illuminator has a gel-like consistency that works best as a cheekbone highlight. Pair this with any coral blush for maximum coral payoff.
|L. to R.: Milani Corallina, Urban Decay Score, Tarte Tipsy, E.L.F. Peachy Keen, NARS Orgasm Illuminator|
Do you have any coral blushes? Which are your favorites? Keep an eye out for the final post in the series on coral nails!