May Birchbox

I was so excited to see that my May Birchbox arrived in the mail today! I didn't expect to receive it so early in the month. I gleefully opened my goodies, which supposedly fit into Birchbox's 'Mother's Day'/tried and true theme, but I unfortunately can't say I was as thrilled as I was last month. Here are my first impressions.



Size isn't always everything, but I noticed right away that the treats in this month's box were significantly smaller than April's.

 The 4 deluxe samples I received are:
  1. Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir- Birchbox describes this perfume as possessing "waves of ripe fruit and a base of heady jasmine." Generally,  I steer clear of fruity and flowery scents and opt for warmer, spicy one. My assumption is that this one won't suit me, but I will give it a shot.
  2. Erno Laszlo Transphuse Night Serum- This puppy is itty-bitty. This nightly serum is claimed to firm the skin and fight-wrinkles, of which I has many as a sage 23 year old...This must be liquid gold, as it retails for a whopping $190 for 1 ounce! If you do the math, then the tiny .01 ounce sample is worth $19. That is insanity. 
  3. Archipelago Pomegranate Soap- When I opened my box, I was immediately struck by the lovely scent of this soap. I typically prefer shower gels over bar soaps, but I adore pomegranate so I am excited to see if this changes my mind. Birchbox says it also contains white tea, which is where I believe the delicious scent derives from.
  4. Stila Eyeshadow in Jade- This is the redeeming product of this month's box. Although green is not a color I often go for on my lids and this looks similar to the few greens I own already, I have never owned a Stila shadow and am eager to try this one out. Jade is a soft green with olive undertones and a shimmery finish. This amazingly is a full sized shadow, which retails for $18 so I suppose I did get a good value out of this month's box if only for this product.

Also included are a few extras:
  • 2 samples each of Oribe Beautiful Color Shampoo and Conditioner- I am not really looking for a new hair care line, but these little packets are always handy for travel.
  • A card by Tiny Prints- This is a cute little add in and I am sure I will find a use for it. Of course I would have loved to see the stationary replaced by another beauty related sample.
Did you get your Birchbox yet? What are your first impressions? For those who got a Stila shadow, did you get a different shade? Let me know!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More