Review: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer



I picked this up in the shade Light after reading rave reviews on other beauty blogs. Hard Candy, which used to be a high-end brand, is sold only at Wal-mart. Their products, from my experience, are gorgeous to look at but pretty hit or miss in terms of performance. Where does the Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer fall? Read on!

Product:
When I first went to use this, I applied WAY too much product. The tiniest dab is honestly all you need! This is great, because the product will last a long time. In fact, I think I have enough Glamoflauge to last me the rest of my natural born life. This concealer comes in only three shades (Light, Medium, and Tan) so the selection is not great. Those with darker complexions will not find a match with Glamoflauge, and I find the shade Light to be a bit too light for me. However, those who fall somewhere in between the 3 shades might like the option of mixing two shades together to customize for their skin tone. Since the product is only $6, this is still an affordable option. I apply this with a damp Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge and I get superior coverage. I haven't tried this on a tattoo, but the company claims that this full coverage concealer can even cover your ink. I like this best for blemishes because a little product goes a long way and thus I don't have to worry about looking cakey. This works fine under the eyes, too, but as I mentioned above, it is a bit light and I think a more peach toned concealer would work best on dark circles. As for the pencil concealer, it is pretty take it or leave it for me. I usually forget that it came with the tube. It is nice to throw in your purse though. I mostly use it on my lower lash line (which is not its intended use- don't blame me if your eyes fall out!) to brighten up my eyes.

Packaging:
I am so glad that this is not in a tube with a wand- those, in my opinion, are both unsanitary and wasteful as I can never seem to reach all of the product. The squeeze tube is sensible and sanitary for this liquid concealer- the product won't get contaminated as I use it and as I reach the end of the tube (in roughly 45 years haha), I will be able to squeeze out every last drop of product. As for the pencil concealer, I find it a bit wasteful in comparison to the tube. Every time you sharpen, that is product wasted. But this is a minor complaint.

Price: 
At $6 or so, the price is right on this one. If you fall in between two shades, the cost is affordable enough to buy both and custom blend a shade that matches you.

Anyone else have this? What is your take on it? Anyone buy two shades and custom blend them for an exact match for your skin?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More