Since Project 10 Pan I have really buckled down on my spontaneous spending and hauling. As such, I don't have a ton of favorites to share. Some are products I rediscovered gems in my preexisting collection, while others are new finds that I researched before purchasing. Unfortunately, a few I got a few flunkies this month, and all are products that I did not research before I threw them in my cart. I am slowly learning my lesson to be a conscious, educated consumer.
First, the favs:
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat- I usually only have time to do my nails in the evening, and before this product I had problems with my polish denting as I slept. Seche Vite may smell awful, but it performs as promised. My lacquer is dry in around 5 minutes and has a glassy, hard finish. My only complaint is that I experience some shrinkage with some polishes where Seche Vite pulls away from the tips of my nails as it drys. This is only with some polishes, and I can live with it.
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Trio in Sweet as Candy- This is a foolproof trio of shadows that is great for when you are in a rush or just want a simple, natural eye look. The colors themselves are not necessarily unique, but that is okay- they make sense together, are soft and pigmented, and a real bargain. Check out the FOTD I created with this trio.
- Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl- I wouldn't have picked this up at full price, but I had a few CVS extra bucks and Physicians Formula was having a sale so in the cart it went. I had read a few rave reviews on these Mineral Glow Pearls, and it did not disappoint. This is a beautiful soft pinky beige highlight that I will be using a lot this summer when I want glowy skin. It is quite shimmery though, so apply with a gentle hand.
- E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner in Black- This also made it into last month's favs. I use this everyday, though it is particularly awesome for creating a winged liner look. It is creamy and pigmented, but dries quickly. This never creases onto my lid and literally lasts all day. I don't know how this compares to other brands (like the Loreal Hip one, MAC fluidline, or the Wet n Wild gel liner), but I am really happy with this.
- fresh Citron de Vignre Eau de Parfum- I have mentioned elsewhere that I have difficulty finding fragrances that I like because I am generally turned off by feminine floral scents and unfortunately most women's perfumes fall into that category. I found this perfume at Sephora and it is absolutely divine! It smells like sangria- citrusy and spicy with notes of red wine. It is a very unique scent and I have been wearing it all month.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk- I don't really have anything new to say about this cult favorite that hasn't already been said. It is a creamy white that has worked as an awesome base for most all of my May eye looks.
- Stila Bronzing Tinted Moisturizer- I picked this up in a mini haul recently from Nordstrom Rack and have been really enjoying it. I wear it alone, or mix it with my regular tinted moisturizer or with a dab of my foundation if I want more coverage. This doesn't make my oily skin freak out, and it gives me a nice subtle bronzed glow. I wore it in a couple FOTDs this moth, like this one here.
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+- Sunblock should be a staple in your skincare routine year round, but I am guilty of forgetting it most mornings. However, as the sun starts to come out more this Spring I have been making an earnest effort to remember it. I opted for a baby sunblock because they tend to have more naturally derived and gentle ingredients and to have higher SPFs. I mix a pea sized amount of this creamy sunblock into my moisturizer in the morning and have been really surprised by how non-greasy this leaves my face. Usually sunblock leaves me feeling like an oil slick, but this soaks in nicely and I can apply my makeup soon after. And the classic sunblock smell, which I am not fond of, is mild.
- Sinful Colors Nail Art- I picked these up in a Walgreens haul at the beginning of the month. I was totally lulled in by the cheap price tag and stellar colors. However, I should have known better; since these are neon shades, they apply very sheer and thus don't make for very good nail art designs. Bummer.
- Maybelline Define-a-Brow Pencil in Light Blonde- I have been on the hunt for a good brow pencil, and this one actually matches the color of my brows nicely. However, everything else about this is pretty crappy in my opinion. I though that I would like that it was an automatic pencil, but it is not self-sharpening so the tip is flat making for imprecise application. Also, if you twist it too much, the product crumbles very easily when applying it.