Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Zoya Buffy

I disappeared from the world of blogging for a few days because I was taking my oral examinations for my master's degree. I passed with flying colors (woo hoo!), and by the end of next month you can officially call me Power Femme, M.A.! Zoya Buffy was professional enough to wear at my orals, and it also gave me a huge confidence boost because it reminds me of my all time favorite power femme, Buffy the Vampre Slayer!

Sarah Michelle Gellar, who played the blonde bad ass Buffy on Buffy the Vampire Slayer for 7 seasons.
Now, you might be thinking that a shade carrying the namesake of a vampire slayer would be...well, more vampy. I am not positive Zoya named this shade after Buffy the Vampire Slayer (although I suspect so, consider they have two other polished with same name as other BTVS characters). However, this shade suits Buffy's character well. When we first meet her in the series, she is an incredibly vapid and immature high school student attempting to escape her fate as the Chosen One. As the show progresses, we see her evolve into a fiercely independent and strong heroin who protects the world from a whole host of evil and looks damn good doing it. Buffy is ultra feminine and totally hardcore. Perhaps my adoration for the character influences my feelings for this polish, but I think Zoya Buffy is simultaneously bad ass and delicate.

Zoya Buffy is a stellar champagne blonde shade with a subtle pink duo chrome and silvery finish. The application was lovely, but needed three coats to be completely opaque. The fact that it is a bit sheer doesn't bother me, and I am excited to layer this over other shades. I am including a ton of pictures here, some with flash and some without, because Buffy looks different depending on the light; in some lighting the yellow tones dominate, and in others the beige and pink shimmer is more obvious.






 Any other Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans out there? Do you think this shade suits the character?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More