April Birchbox Review

After two weeks, I have fully experimented with my April Birchbox goodies and can provide a collective review. Overall, I thought this set was pretty darn great so I have decided to keep my subscription and see what Birchbox will bring this month. Here is what I think of the products featured in the April Birchbox:

  • Zoya Jules-  I have been rockin' this shade as a pedicure all month. I love Zoya- they have a wide color selection, safe formulas, and super long wear. Jules, an awesome metallic golden taupe, is no exception. Swatches on fingernails to come soon!
  •  LAVANILA The Healthy Body Butter in Vanilla Lavender- As my favorite product in the Birchbox, this product was featured in my April Favorites & Flunkies post. I am definitely picking up a full-sized bottle of this when this runs out. The lotion is in a sanitary squeeze bottle, is all natural, soaks into the skin really quickly while still providing ample moisture, and is a relaxing, soft lavender scent. I associate lavender with sleep so I keep this stashed on my nightstand.
  •  Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel- This was just ho-hum for me. I exfoliate religiously with scrubbing cleansers, so I didn't notice a huge difference with this. It has a tart, fruit loop smell which is kind of fun, but the product burned my sensitive skin and left it bright red. Not as fun. Check this out only if you prefer non-scrubbing exfoliates and do not have sensitive skin. This also came with a small, single-use packet of their Stem Cellular Repair Moisturizer, which I enjoyed more than the peel, but still not enough to purchase.
  •  LIV GRN Eau de Parfum in Earth- I love the idea of a natural fragrance and this one has totally blown me away. If it smells like a flower or a fruit, I typically do not want to spray it on me. Instead, I usually opt for woodsy, spicy masculine or unisex scents. The name Earth makes it seems like it would fit the later category, but it is actually quite feminine. Despite the obvious jasmine notes, I really love this- the flowery scent is balanced by a nice sandalwood undertone that I enjoy. Plus, it drives my partner crazy in the best way possible :) This fragrance made me step out of my comfort zone a bit, but I am glad I did. Though is runs for $60 a bottle, I will be investing in a full-size of this. 

Can't wait to see what come in my May Birchbox!


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More