May Birchbox Review

Two weeks ago I received my May Birchbox and have tested the products enough to offer a full review. Overall, this Birchbox was a bit of a flop for me, especially in comparison to the April Birchbox which I was obsessed with.
 The 4 deluxe samples I received are:
  1. Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir- Birchbox describes this perfume as possessing "waves of ripe fruit and a base of heady jasmine." When I opened my Birchbox I suspected that I would not be fond of this scent, and I assumed correctly. Admittedly I generally dislike ultra feminine floral scents, but this one straight up had that dreaded "old lady" smell. No thanks!
  2. Erno Laszlo Transphuse Night Serum- The full sized bottle of this stuff retails for $120 and is intended to firm skin and fight-wrinkles. Although I don't have wrinkles, I am all about preventative skincare so I gave this a try anyways. I got maybe 3 or 4 uses out of it, which is too few to really notice much of a change in the quality of your skin. Actually, I am glad that I didn't fall in love with this because there is no way I would shell out almost 200 bucks on something like this.
  3. Archipelago Pomegranate Soap- I read some reviews of this month's Birchbox and several people hated how this soap smelled. I actually kind of like it, but the product itself doesn't work for me. Like most bar soaps, I felt like this one stripped my skin dry.
  4. Stila Eyeshadow in Jade- This is definitely the redeeming product of this month's box. This amazingly is a full sized shadow, which retails for $18 so although I didn't like the other products this month's box was still a good deal. Jade, a shimmery gem-toned medium green, is not a color I would typically gravitate towards, but I ended up adoring the look I created with it.

I also received a few little extras in the box:
  • 2 samples each of Oribe Beautiful Color Shampoo and Conditioner- I gave these a whirl, and actually needed to open both packets to get enough products to wash and condition my long hair. I really did not like this shampoo and conditioner- I felt that it left my hair very dry.
  • A card by Tiny Prints- This card is cute and it is nice to have a blank one around for one of those situations where you forget to  pick up a card.
I am hoping that June's Birchbox is better than this one. How did you like your May Birchbox?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More