September Favorites (No Flunkies Allowed!)


Forgive me for being a few days late on this month's favorites and flunkies post. Due to my busy schedule my makeup routine has simplified, and I have started to opt for more neutral, foolproof shades. As I look at my most used products, I can see that I have been slowly transitioning from summer to fall. Because I have been really limiting my spending, I thankfully don't have any flunkies to share with you this month either. Here is what I have been loving this month!

Slatkin & CO Marshmallow Fireside Candle
I picked this up at Bath & Body Works during their recent 2 for $20 candle sale. This may actually be the most delicious scent I have ever smelled in my life. Just like roasted marshmallows and campfires, the scent is part creamy, sweet marshmallow, and part smokey and woodsy. You need this in your life, trust me!

Goody Spin Pins
I never spend much time on my hair, and this has especially been so now that I have been so busy with school. Even if I am stressed and under slept I still want to be polished and professional, so a messy ponytail simply won't do. Spin pins have been my hair savior this month. You can create a ton of different looks with these, but I typically use them to quickly transform my messy long locks into a cute, secure bun.


NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic
For a full review and swatches, click here. I adore everything about this product. The cream to powder formula is easy to blend and lasts on my oily prone skin. The shade is a cool toned milky pink with subtle shimmer that adds a natural glow to my face. 

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed
Read my full review and see swatches here. This blush was something I really had to step out of my comfort zone to try, but I am literally obsessed with it now. It is a pigmented, long wearing nude pinky brown that it is going to be perfect in the fall to create a natural, warm flush. This is also the ideal shade, in my opinion, to pair with a deep, berry or red lipstick.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha
After a long lover affair with Milk, I have recently been reaching for the shade Iced Mocha religiously. This medium brown with silver shimmer acts as a phenomenal sticky base for all of my brown eye looks.

 E.L.F. Studio Single Eyeshadow in Coffee Bean
I received this as an extra in a recent MUA swap and honestly didn't have high expectations. Coffee Bean is a pretty dark brown with silvery shimmer but on its own the pigmentation isn't stellar. However, this shade layered over NYX JEP in Ice Mocha has been my go to eye look these past few days. I have been really loving this combo. Since both shades have silver shimmer (which I think is pretty unique, as most shimmery browns are laced with gold), they create a gorgeous icy brown smokey eye that has just the slightest touch of taupe.

Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner in Everlast
Expect a full review on this phenomenal liner soon! I don't know why more people aren't obsessing over this product.  This liner lasts forever, is super dark, and easy to apply.

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude
Read my full review here. This has been my most used lipstick recently. It is the best nude I have found to date, and is a great budget find! 

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Sandy
When it comes to lip gloss, I am typically not willing to buy high end but this one is worth every penny. The formula is wonderfully cooling and tingly on the lips, and I do feel like it makes my pout look plumper. The shade is a pinky nude that is lovely on its own or layered over most any lipstick. Pairing this with Revlon's Soft Nude has been my go to lip combo this month.

What have you been loving this past month? 
Any flunkies to report?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More