Here in the Midwest, Autumn is finally starting to settle in. My partner and I adore this season, and we have relished in watching the leaves change colors and fall to the ground. The color palette of fiery reds, burnt oranges, crisp yellows, complex greens, and deep browns that we find outside our windows is perfect to pull into our makeup routines. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to recreate this eye look inspired by the falling leaves of Autumn.
1) Apply primer and a base to your lids to ensure your shadows pop and last all day. I used UDPP and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.
2) Apply a yellow based gold shadow to the inner third of your lids and inner corners of your eye.I used UD's Half Baked from the Naked Palette.
3) Apply a burnt orange shade to the middle section of your lid, leaving the outer third free of shadow. I used Stila's eyeshadow in Ray. Using the side of your brush, gently blend the line where the gold and orange meet.
4) Apply a red shadow to the last outer third of your lid. I used UD's Gash. Using the edge of your brush,blend the line between the red and orange shadows. If you do not have a red shadow, a copper or deep brown would also look lovely!
6) Using an angled eyeliner brush, apply a dark green shadow to your lower lash line. I used a gorgeous shimmery dark green from the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette (top pan in photo).
7) Blend a reddish brown shade into your crease. I used a really complex reddish-brown/green duochrome shade from the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette (bottom pan in the picture). This is a really unique shade- if you don't have anything like it, a deep brown or even the dark green we applied to our lower lash lines would work fine as well. If need be, touch up your lid with the gold, orange, and red shadows if you feel you have blended out some of the pigmentation.
8) Apply a brown eyeliner to your upper and lower lash line and tight line. I used UD's 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Whiskey.
9) Curl those lashes and apply your favorite mascara. I used the e.l.f. essentials eyelash curler and Loreal Voluminous Millions of Lashes mascara.
10) Finish the look with a natural blush and a glossy nude lip. I opted for NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic and Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude lined with NYX lip liner in Ever and topped with Buxom Big & Healthy Lipgloss in Sandy.