EOS Review: Lip Balm Smooth Sphere in Summer Fruit & Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss

As I mentioned in my recent Yes to Carrots Haul, I have been making a serious effort to replace my skincare and body products with natural and organic alternatives. Project 10 Pan should help me move through my stock of non-natural products so I can make the full transition. Switching to natural products has not been easy for me: trustworthy natural brands are few and far between (some brands market themselves as green, but actually pack their products with parabens, etc), they tend to carry a higher price tag than non-natural and non-organic lines, and in my experience their products can be pretty hit or miss.

Before I embarked upon Project 10 Pan, I picked up two EOS (Evolution of Smooth) products. So far, I am really pleased with them and I am excited to try more from EOS. In stores I have found limited EOS products and scents, while their website lists many more- hopefully more of their products make it to shelves near me eventually. Here is what I have so far:

EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere in Summer Fruit


First of all, can we talk about the packaging of this lip balm? Too flippin' cute. I can't even handle it. All of my stick lip balms are totally jealous...they with they were as rotund as my EOS. Beyond being adorable, the packaging is smart. The little finger indent on the side makes for easy opening, and the domed balm makes application fun and easy, even in the curved inner corners of my lips. The flavor I have is Summer Fruit. I usually steer clear of fruity flavored lip products for fear of the dreaded fake, cough syrupy taste, but this tastes juicy and not overly sweet. And it is USDA certified organic! I am swooning! The only thing that could make this balm better in my book is if it had SPF in it.

EOS Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss
A few days after I found and fell in love with the balm, I stumbled across the EOS Shave Cream at my local Target. I am not a fan of the gel-to-foam shaving creams, and lathering up body wash does not provide the moisture my sensitive stems and underarms require. I cannot rave enough about this product- the cream is thick, rich, and incredibly nourishing to my skin. Although I do it out of habit, I do not even feel the need to apply lotion after using this product. The razor burn that frequented my underarms is but a thing of the past. Like the balm, the packaging is great- the pump dispenser makes use in the shower hassle-free. Additionally, this stuff smells amazing- the vanilla is warm and not overpoweringly sugary. Although a rich scent, it is also surprisingly clean.

All products featured were purchased with my own money, and I am in no way affiliated with or being compensated by EOS. All opinions expressed are mine alone.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More