Faith, the wayward slayer on the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, often serves as main character Buffy's foil on the show. It should come as no surprise then that her signature look couldn't be more different than Buffy's. While Buffy's makeup (see a tutorial here) is dewy and natural, Faith brings the drama and darkness in a big way. Faith rocks what is largely considered a huge makeup no-no by pairing a smokey, dramatic eye with a bold lip, but she and her seductive and volatile personality absolutely pull it off. If your feel mischievous, dangerous, and sassy, give this look a go.
|Eliza Dushku as Faith on BtVS|
How to get the look:
1) Prime your face with your favorite face primer. This will ensure that your makeup lasts a full day of slaying, breaking the law, and seducing young men. I used Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (I know, it sounds crazy- but it works! and its cheap!) with e.l.f.'s Studio Foundation Brush.
11) Faith's concentrates dark shadow close to the upper lash line without smoking out the crease too much. Apply a black or dark charcoal shadow, like Creep from UDNP, with a small brush to the upper lash line and to the outer v.
12) Blend out Creep in the outer v (don't touch the lash line!) with a crease brush loaded with Buck, a medium matte brown shadow. Blend and define the crease all the way into the inner corner, taking care not to darken the whole lid.
13) Highlight the brownbone with a matte creme shadow, and blend out any hard lines above the crease. I used one from the Physicains Formula Canyon Classic quad with an e.l.f. essentials Blending Eye Brush.
14) Apply black liner close to the upper lashline, all the way to the inner corner. Also line the outer third of your lower lash line. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero.
Now your'e five by five.