At Avelon


Me and Avelon designer Erik Frenken

Last week I dropped by SPRMRKT, one of my favorite designer stores in the entire country, selling Helmut Lang, Acne and T by Alexander Wang – just to name a few. I came to have a look at Avelon's S/S11 and A/W11 collection, designed by Erik Frenken. Rings a bell? No wonder; Erik Frenken designed for Viktor & Rolf and Blue Blood before.

I was definitely attracted to the playful shapes and mixed fabrics in jackets and pants and the big knits. In Erik’s own words: This season is all about balancing softness with raw cut pieces, worked directly on top of skin or "filled in" with sheer fabric.”  Yeah, sounds good to me! I expect to hear a lot more from this brand in the future and can see why Opening Ceremony picked up the line... And for the style savvy online shoppers; they just opened an e-store here.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More