October Sayonara Products

This month I finished up a whopping fifteen products; more impressive than that,eleven are cosmetic items! I have mentioned in other posts that I have really buckled down on makeup spending, buying only the products that I need, have thoroughly research, and/or have been really craving for a long time. As such, I am hauling less and focusing on and using up what I already have more! Here are the products that I said goodbye to this past month:


Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Medium Light
As far as drugstore concealers go, this is one of the best that I have found. It is really creamy, has nice coverage, and lasts all day when set with powder. It works best on blemishes but this wouldn't be my first pick for dark circles- it tended to cake up a little and crease under the eyes, and doesn't have the peachy undertones to really cancel out the blue. I have a few other concealers to use up, but I would consider purchasing it again.

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original, minis x2
I received both of these mini PPs in palettes and have bee amazed by how long they have lasted me! UDPP is the only primer I have ever used or tried, and I haven't felt the need to look elsewhere because it does what it is supposed to do- make shadows more vibrant, prevent creasing, and prolong wear time. I replaced these two empties with a full-sized version in Eden, as seen in my recent Sephora Haul.

EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Remember when everyone was raving about these? There is a lot to love here- all natural, organic, fun and unique packaging, tasty flavors. I wouldn't say this lip balm provided the most hydration to my lips, but it certainly got the job done! I used this until the sphere was flat, and then using a toothpick I dug out the rest of the product and mixed it with sugar to make a lip sugar scrub.

Almay Makeup Erase Sticks
My mom gave these to me to throw in my purse, but I found that these were most helpful in the mornings to clean up residual eye makeup that transferred to my lower lash line. The stick of the q-tip is filled with makeup remover, and when you snap one of the cotton buds off the liquid saturates the other end. These were nice to have, but not an essential for me. 

Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel
This is just plain ol' witch hazel in a convenient squirt bottle. After washing my face I would load a cotton pad up with witch hazel and clean off any residual makeup, especially in my hairline. This did the trick, and it also did a decent job of shrinking my pores. I'll buy witch hazel again, but to save a few pennies I will just get the generic bottle.

Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate EDT
I picked this up in one of my mad hunts to find my signature scent, and it just didn't work out. Although I always received compliments when I wore it, I personally found it too sweet and fruity.

Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Press Powder in Buff
I kept this in my purse to touch up throughout the day, and it was fine for a quick blot. However, as a setting powder this was pretty low performing- my skin was shiny within a few short hours, and reapplication lends itself to looking cakey.

Cover Girl Professional Natural Lash Mascara in Clear
I used this to set my brows, and it served me just fine! However, I have found another affordable clear mascara (Maybelline Great Lash) that has a smaller brush that is easier to tame my brows with, so I won't be repurchasing.

NARS Orgasm Illuminator
As a highlight and gel blush, I personally found this product pretty pointless. The gel was too thin, and once applied the pretty pinky gold shimmers were all but blended away. However, I did like this mixed with my foundation. I typically opt for matte finishes because they control oil better, but for a little luminosity I liked to mix this in. I did purchase a full size of this in Copacabana after falling in love with the color and reading that the formula was thicker than Orgasm's. Updates on that soon!

Estée Lauder Double Matte Foundation in Cool Dusk
While researching Double Wear the SA provided me a sample with Double Matte as well. In short, this was a let down: though it gives excellent coverage, it fails to control oil, it looks mask-like, and leaves you white cast in photos. Read the full review here.

Sephora Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer in Medium Peach
On its own, this is not a superior product. It is a little oily and provided almost zero coverage. However, I liked to mix this with my Revlon ColorStay for a more natural finish. I recently replaced this with Tart'es Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer, which I am loving so far so expect a review soon!

philosophy vanilla birthday cake shower gel
This was my birthday gift from Sephora, and it really did smell like cake! I enjoyed this while it lasted, but I don't want to smell like cake all the time. 

LORAC Perfect Lit Oil Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight
This little deluxe sample lasted me almost a full year, and I vacillated between love and ambivalence. At times I wouldn't think it wasn't anything special, but in comparison to other, lower-end highlighters I can tell how soft, smooth, and natural it applies to the skin. No big shimmers here, just a nice lit from within glow. 
 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil in Zero
This liner is among many bloggers' favorites, and I enjoyed it, too. Zero is very black, and the formula is incredibly creamy and easy to apply yet sets quickly and is long lasting. The only problem I had with this is that it didn't last on my waterline as long as I expected. I would repurchase this, put the price is pretty steep. I am testing out the Milani LIQUIF EYE Metallic Eyeliner Pencil in Black to see how it compares.

Phew! That's a lot!
What did you finish up this past month?


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More