Style file: Double trouble



I hadn't seen denim on denim since thelate 90's and to tell you the truth, that didn't bother me at all. However, recent collections showed a fresh take on 'double denim' and made me reconsider my opinion. All I can say is I've got the blues... how about you?

This S/S 10 trend takes some serious styling as it can easily be a little 'off'. To get you started I've created some tips and tricks again. Keep in mind that these are not rules, you should just wear whatever you like :D

Work with different shades and washings. I personally think a dark grey skinny with a pale blue denim blouse is a winner combo. Also tie dye and ‘regular’ denim could be cool.

Play with details in the items you’re wearing rather than accessorizing a lot. Fun details can be leather or denim patches, washed out parts, zippers, rips or studs. Moderation is key though.
Stick to slim cuts, especially with pants, to keep this look sleek and modern. A wide, square jeans or a big denim jacket might make this look a bit messy and ‘outdated’. Boyfriend jeans could work though, because they're tighter at the bottom.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More